ABC….Apple Banana Cupcakes :-)
Looking at the piled up fruit basket, I realised that I need to use it up fast before it rots. As it is, something had to be made for D as his evening snack. Now the challenge was to find a recipe that calls for apples as well as bananas. With our dearest Google search, it won’t be that challenging, would it? 😉
Bingo!! Got what I wanted.. 🙂 So it’s gonna be Apple Banana Cupcakes by Barbara ..Now my only worry was how it will turn out, and most of all..Would my boy like it? Anyway..that’s the chance I’ve always been taking..what’s in another day 😉 So off I went about with my procedure of baking. Once the cakes were in the oven, I was racking my brains about how to present it..That’s when I remembered that I had some Vanilla Cream Filling in the fridge. And so, the decision was made. It’s gonna be presented as ABC with Vanilla Cream topping with a few choco-chips strewn on top.
Just as I finished the topping and the last minute decorations on the cupcakes, D and his gang of friends came in. The cakes with the toppings were gone in a couple of minutes. This turned out to be a winner and the recipe – a definite keeper. A big Thanks to Barbara for sharing this recipe with the world.
Apple Banana Cupcakes
ABC....Apple Banana Cupcakes 🙂
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 2/3 cup Shortening ( I used refined oil. You can use butter as well)
- 1 - 1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 eggs Hard boiled
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup bananas Ripe mashed
- 2 Apples , peeled , cored and grated
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Sieve together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
- Powder the sugar and put it in a bowl.
- Add shortening and beat till it is creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla and buttermilk.
- Beat in the flour mixture till well incorporated.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and grated apples and mix well.But do not overmix.
- Half fill the cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.