As you know by now, I have very fond memories of Secunderabad. Our stop for Chinese food used to be Nanking Restaurant there. That place is so crowded that one has to either reach early or wait endlessly. There have been times when we had to wait for more than an hour to get a table. The aroma in the restaurant while waiting for one’s table, is so enticing that one would be willing to wait for an hour or more.
After leaving Secunderabad, one thing we would crave for, were the Chicken Lollipops. The only option left for me was to try making them myself. I can’t say it was the exact replica, but was close enough. My boys were so happy and all the chicken in the plate vanished in no time. I was doing my happy dance 🙂
- 500 gms Chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Green chilli paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- to taste Salt
- 6 tablespoons Corn flour heaped (or more)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic paste (adjust to suit your taste. I used more )
- 1 teaspoon Green chilli paste (or according to you heat tolerance)
- to taste Salt
- a pinch Red colour (Optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Prepare the chicken wings as shown in the picture .
- Marinate with garlic paste, green chilli paste, soy sauce and salt..
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the batter and keep aside. The batter should be thick enough to coat the lollipops evenly. You may add chilled water if required.
- Take out the chicken pieces from the refrigerator, dip each in the batter and put on hot oil.
- Fry till cooked and golden brown on both sides. (about 3-4 minutes).
- Drain onto an absorbant paper.
- Serve hot.