It’s Valentines day and what better way to celebrate than with a treat of Chocolates!!! So how did the relation of valentines day with chocolates come into being? I did some research and this is what I found……In 1861, Richard Cadbury created the first ever heart shaped box for Valentine’s day and the rest is history 🙂
Chocochip Cookies is a much in-demand treat in our household. Even J, who isn’t a chocolate fan loves this. You can always substitute the walnuts withcashew nuts, almonds or the likes.
- 1 - 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup Chocolate Semi sweet chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts - (lightly toasted and chopped) (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 190C. Sieve flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugars till creamy. Add egg and essence. Blend the flour mixture well. Stir in chocohips and walnuts. Take a tablespoon of the dough and drop it 2" aparton a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or till golden brown around the edges.
- Stores upto a week in a tight lidded container at room temperature.