Though ample varieties of Chocolate Sauce are readily available off-the-shelf, there is a sense of satisfaction in making your own. This recipe I am sharing with you is from food.com and for me this is the ultimate chocolate sauce…. as good as Hersheys 🙂 Ain’t that great???
Ideally Dutch processed cocoa should be used to make this sauce. If it is unavailable, you can use any other type of cocoa powder.The quality of the cocoa definitely makes a difference
- 1 - 1/2 cups sugar Granulated
- 1 cup cocoa Dutch processed
- pinch Salt - a
- 1 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Stir until well combined.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Reduce heat if the syrup is about to spill over.
- After 3 minutes, take off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Using a strainer, strain into a container.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Store covered, in a refrigerator.