Here’s the recipe of Cinnamon Rolls, a cinnamon flavoured tea time snack.
Here's the recipe of Cinnamon Rolls, a cinnamon flavoured tea time snack.
- 2 - 1/2 teaspoons Yeast
- 3/4 cup Water Lukewarm
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 - 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and leave aside to rise. Mix 1 cup of flour, salt, sugar, egg and yeast. Stir 1/2 cup flour each at a time. When the dough is well blended, turn into a floured surface and knead till smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let stand for 10 minutes or till it rises. Roll dough into 1/4" thick rectangle.
- Mix the ingredients for filling together and spread on the rolled rectangle. Roll up dough along the long edge till it forms a roll(log shape).
- Slice into 16 pieces and place on a tray with cut side up.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and keep in a warm place or refrigerate overnight for it to double up in size.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Bake till golden brown(appx 20-25 minutes).