A mixture of beef and pork can be used to make this meatloaf or you could use any one meat. I have used minced lamb for this preparation.
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Coriander leaves and stems
- 3/4 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Paprika - (you can use kashmiri chilli powder)
- to taste Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder powder
- 700 gms Minced meat
- Heat butter in a pan. Saute the chopped onions followed by garlic paste till the onions are wilted and the raw smell of garlic goes. Switch off heat.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cream and Dijon mustard. Add the minced meat along with salt and pepper. Add rest of the ingredients and mix till blended. Do Not over mix. Transfer the mixture inot a greased loaf pan. Place the loaf pan in a bigger baking dish. Pour water in the baking dish surrounding the meatloaf pan. The water level should reach just till half the height of the meatloaf pan. Place this in the preheated oven and bake till a knife inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean (approximately 30-45 minutes). The juice of the meat can be seen along the sides. Reserve it for the sauce. Rest the loaf for a while before slicing it. Serve with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables and sauce.
- For the sauce.
- Puree a tomato and keep aside. Heat oil in a pan. Add the tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon garlic paste. Saute till fat comes to the surface. Add 1/2 teaspoon or more of red chilli powder and stir for a minute. Add the reserved juice of the laof and mix well. Let boil. Switch off heat and use with the loaf.