Yesterday, while talking to a friend of mine, who is on the family way, I asked what she was craving for.Pat came the reply “Cream Cake”. Well, that sounded like a challenge to me and I was only too happy to take it on. Frankly speaking, I was clueless. A quick search zeroed me on to Dee’s recipe, which I followed in letter and spirit
Here’s the recipe
- 1 - 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Cream - (I used Amul fresh cream)
- Preheat oven to 180C .
- Sieve the flour along with salt and baking powder a few times.Keep aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the cream and flour mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour into a pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean .