Here’s the recipe of Sev, an Indian snack that resembles noodles. It can be either had plain or used as a garnish for Chaats.
Here's the recipe of Sev, an Indian snack that resembles noodles. It can be either had plain or used as a garnish for Chaats. Sev
- 1/4 cup Gram flour Besan /
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- pinch Asafoetida a
- pinch Chilli powder a
- as required Water
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Slowly add water and knead till you get a soft dough.
- Transfer the dough into a kitchen press(shown in the picture). Ideally use the disc which has the smallest holes.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot (medium low) slowly press the dough down using the press into the hot oil in batches.
- Fry till they turn golden yellow and crispy. Drain onto an absorbant paper.
- It is perfectly fine if the sev is long. You can always crush them to form bits.
- You cane store the Sev in an airtight container and use as required.