Egg roast or Mutta roast is a dish one can find in most menu cards in Kerala. The preferred combination is with breakfast items likeAppam, Idiyappam etc. This dish goes well even with chapathi and rice. The recipe I am sharing with you is not the authentic Kerala Egg Roast. I have given a little twist to it by adding tomato sauce. The tomato sauce gives it a little sweetness, which greatly enhances its taste. J really loves this dish this way
- 6 Eggs
- 4 onions Sliced
- 2 tomatoes Chopped
- 3 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 3 teaspoons Coriander powder (heaped)
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Vinegar - (or less)
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- to taste Salt
- Hard boil the eggs. Remove the shells and score all over the eggs with a knife and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves followed by sliced onions. Saute till the onions turn pink.
- Add the ginger-garlic pastes and saute till the raw smell goes. Add the coriander, chilli and turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till oil separates. Add the tomato sauce, vinegar and mix well. Season with salt.
- Add the eggs and mix carefully so that the eggs are covered with the mixture.
- You can add water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Make sure you boil the gravy after adding water.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and mix well. Serve hot.