It’s been a while since I made any Non-Indian Cuisine. So I decided to whip up a Mediterranean fare for the day, consisting of Falafel, Pita bread and Hummus. Falafel is a fried patty, made with ground chick peas or fava beans or both. It is typically served in a Pita bread pocket with pickled vegetables, Hummus or Tahini and Salad. Falafel can be served as as appetiser as well
The source of this recipe is DedeMed. Though I followed the recipe to a certain extent, I changed course along the way to suit my convenience. Those looking for the original recipe can find it in the link given along
- 1 cup Garbanzo beans Chick peas Dried / - (Soak this overnight)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- to taste Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- Grind all the ingredients together till you get a coarse paste. .
- Check the seasoning and adjust to suit your taste.
- Make small balls and flatten into small discs.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, drop the discs into the oil.
- Deep fry them till golden brown.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Serve warm with Pita bread, salad, tahini or hummus and pickled or fresh vegetables.