Gooey, fudgy brownies !! There must be very few people who doesn’t get tempted by these chocolate beauties. The mere mention of it makes me drool. Having seen a couple of Fb posts on brownies, I was so tempted to make them. Found an easy recipe at Inspired Taste . On checking the pantry, I had all the ingredients in place, including the pecan nuts, which was procured from Big Basket. I always rely on Big Basket to buy my regular supply of Dairy products, Rice products and gourmet items.
While cutting the brownies to pieces, I couldn’t stop myself from helping with a piece of those gooey brownies. It took a lot of self control for me to not reach out for another helping. 🙂 Indeed a keeper.
- 10 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 - 1/4 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs large , cold
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup walnuts / pecans / cashew nuts Chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven at 160C.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the sugar, butter, cocoa powder and salt.
- For the double boiling method, take a sauce pan and fill with enough water and bring to a simmer.
- Place the bowl containing the cocoa-butter mixture over the simmering water. Make sure that the water isn't touching the base of the bowl. If water touches the bowl, remove some water.
- Stir mixture occasionally until the butter has melted and mixture is quite warm. Donu2019t worry if it looks gritty, it will become smooth once you add the eggs and flour.
- Remove the bowl from heat and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes until it is only warm, not hot.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- When the batter looks thick, shiny and well blended, add the flour and stir until fully incorporated. The batter will be quite thick.
- Stir in nuts, if using.
- Spread evenly in lined pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely and remove from pan.
- Cut into squares and serve.