Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)… a North Indian Sweet Dish
It was ‘celebration time’ in our householdyesterdaywhen J got the admission offer from the prestigious Indian School of Business. Such occasions call for a sweet treat and the first thing that came to my mind was Gajar Ka Halwa….a sweet dish made of grated carrots cooked in milk. Having a bowl of warm Gajar ka halwa……yummmmmmm.
The recipe I am sharing with you was obtained from one of ouracquaintanceslong back. I use a non stick pan to cook this dish to reduce the content of butter/ ghee.
Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)... a North Indian Sweet Dish
- 500 gms Carrots
- 500 ml Milk
- 3 - 4 tablespoons Milkmaid
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ghee butter /
- handful dry fruits - a
- Fry the dry fruits in a teaspoon of ghee/butter till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the carrots along with milk and let it cook on low heat till the milk is absorbed.
- Add the milkmaid and sugar and stir well till well blended.
- Add the ghee/ butter and cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Switch off the heat, garnish with dry fruits and serve warm.