It’s time for our next move and my current mission is to finish off all the grocery items in the kitchen. One among the grocery list was my recent favourite Goda masala. I was looking to use this for a paneer preparation and found the recipe in no time. Time for some Sanjeev Kapoor magic !!! Got the thumbs up from my boys 🙂 What else do I need ??
Here’s the recipe.
Source: Sanjeev Kapoor
- 200 gms Cottage cheese Cubed (Paneer)
- 2 potatoes large Cubed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 chillies Broken dried red
- 2 onions Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 tomatoes Chopped
- to taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon chilly Red powder (or less)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons masala Goda
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves Chopped
- potatoes Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil and deep fry potatoes till golden and cooked through.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and dried red chillies.
- When they start to splutter, add onion and saute till brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic pastes and stir till raw smell goes.
- Add the corinader powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and goda masala and stir for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the mixture turns mushy and oil separates.
- Add the salt, potatoes, paneer and carefully mix them ensuring that the paneer doesn't crumble.
- After a minute or two, switch off heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.Goes well with any Indian bread.