The other day when I got chicken breast pieces, all I could think was Grilled chicken. It had been a while since I made it the last. Mashed potatoes, steamed peas and some leftover over Rajma (kidney beans) to add the Desi touch.. 😉 My boys were super thrilled to have it after such a long time
Grilling is an ideal way of those weight conscious carnivores to relish their meat without any guilt pangs. The best thing about grilling is that it requires minimal oil usage. Those who don’t have the grilling option at home, can prepare panseared chicken. You can find the method given at the end of the recipe
- 2 Chicken breast
- 10-12 cloves Garlic cloves
- to taste Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorns
- Place the chicken pieces in between plastic wraps. Flatten them evenly using a rolling pin or mallet. Score either sides of the chicken pieces, with a knife. You can omit this step as this is optional.
- Grind rest of the ingredients together to form a fine paste. Apply this paste all over the pieces. Cover and keep aside at least for 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken till the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink. It should take roughly 10 minutes on either side. The time taken may vary according to the thickness of the chicken and the cooking temperature.
- Pan Seared Method of cooking Chicken.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan on high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully place the marinated chicken pieces into the pan. When the bottom portion turns slightly brown, flip the pieces. When they start to brown, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook till it turns a shade darker. Flip and continue till the chicken is done. You can check the doneness by inserting a knife to the thickest part of the chicken. If the juices run clear, the chicken is done.