When I go for my badminton sessions in the evening,I have to pass by the market, where roadside vendors sell fresh vegetables and fruits on their trolleys. So the other day, I saw vendors with huge piles of Guavas. The first thing that crossed my mind was “Guava Chutney”. The first time I tasted this chutney was at a New Year’s party some years back. I clearly remember how D, who was just about 5 years old then, was constantly helping himself to it. Seeing this, I had promptlyinquiredthe recipe and have been making it whenever possible.
- 1 Guava Ripe
- Ginger - a thin slice
- 1 - 2 Green chillies
- 3 tablespoons Coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Lime juice
- as required Chilli powder
- as required Salt
- Wash and cut the guava. Remove the seeds.
- Chop up the guava and put it in a grinder along with rest of the ingredients.
- Grind to a smooth paste.Your Guava chutney is ready:-).