Homemade Dulce de Leche (Pressure Cooker Method)
Dulce de Leche, pronounced as dool-se-dee-Leh-che, literally means milk jam. This is a thick sauce which tastes similar to caramel. There are a lot of ways to prepare Dulce de Leche, however, I prefer the Pressure Cooker method.
If you feel that the Dulce de Leche is too thick for your requirement, add one or two tablespoons of milk and mix well.
Homemade Dulce De Leche (Pressure Cooker Method)
- 1 tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Remove the label of the tin, if any.
- Place the tin/can so that it's on its side, in a pressure cooker. Pour water so that the water level is at least an inch above the can.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook on medium heat.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Take the can out carefully and allow to cool. Do NOT open the can.
- Once the can has cooled completely, you may open it.
- If you wish, you may transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate.