Tahini is a paste, made of sesame seeds and olive oil, popularly used in the Middle Eastern cuisine. This is used as a dip, a topping or as an ingredient in some preparations. Tahini is usually prepared using hulled white sesame seeds and olive oil.
- 1 cup Sesame seeds White
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- to taste Salt (Optional)
- Heat a pan and tip in the sesame seeds.
- Toast on medium heat, stirring continuously, till lightly coloured.
- Switch off heat and allow to cool completely.
- Transfer the toasted seeds to a grinder.
- Add a little bit of oil and grind to smooth, fine paste.
- You can add the remaining oil once the paste is smooth.
- If you want, you could add salt as well.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and refrigerate.
- This can be stored up to a month in refrigerator.