Hummus is a yet another popular dish from the Middle East, usually served with Pita Bread.
D LOVES Hummus. So, when he requesed for it, I promised to make it the next day as the chick peas had to be soaked. Having made Tahini, there wasn’t much preparations to be done, except soaking the chick peas.
- 1 cup Chick peas
- 3/4 tablespoon Tahini - (or more)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic cloves paste
- to taste Salt
- half Lime juice lime - of (or more)
- as required Olive oil
- Soak the rinsed chickpeas overnight.(7-8 hours)
- Drain and discard the water.
- Add fresh water and cook the chickpeas till cooked through.
- Drain the chick peas. Keep the drained liquid aside.
- Place the chick peas in a blender.
- Add Tahini, salt, garlic paste and lime juice.
- You may add a little of the drained liquid for smoother grinding.
- Grind the mixture to a smooth, lumpfree paste.
- Check and adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- You may sprinkle paprika powder on top if you wish.
- Serve with Pita Bread.