Kothu Parotta is a popular street food of Tamil Nadu. This dish is made of shredded Porotta/Parotta mixed with masala and vegetables/meat/egg. It’s an interesting way of using up your leftover porottas/rotis. The recipe I have given has eggs in it. However, you can make it using vegetables or meat as well. This dish should be eaten hot.
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste paste
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder powder
- 1/4 cup Carrot Grated
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- to taste Salt
- Coriander leaves Chopped
- Chop the Porotta into small bits and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the fennel seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add the chopped onion.
- Saute till brown in colour.
- Tip in the ginger-garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add the coriander, chilli and turmeric powder.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and carrot and cook till oil separates.
- Add the chopped porotta and mix well.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix well. Switch off heat.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.