The first time I tasted Lemon Chicken was at a friend’s place a few days back. I just loved it. So I made this snack at the first opportunity I got. The plate was polished off by my boyswithin seconds of serving them and both were asking for more…. That’s when I realised that I should have made more…. 🙁 So glad that my first attempt was successful. 🙂
- 300 gms Chicken
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- to taste Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3 teaspoons Cornflour - (heaped)
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice - (you can adjust to suit your taste)
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Corn flour water - (mixed in 1 teaspoon)
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce and salt and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, add the cornflour and mix well.
- Dip the marinated chicken pieces in this and deep fry them in hot oil till golden brown.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- In another pan, heat the stock along with lime juice.Add salt if required.
- When it comes to a boil, add the cornflour mixed with water.
- When it slowly gets thick, add the fried chicken pieces and mix well till the chicken pieces are well coated.
- Switch off the heat and transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.