Here’s the recipe of Lemon Rice for those who are keen on trying to bring some change to their daily bowl of rice. 🙂
Here's the recipe of Lemon Rice for those who are keen on trying to bring some change to their daily bowl of rice. 🙂 Lemon Rice
- 1 - 1/2 cups Rice
- 3 cups Water
- to taste Salt
For the Tempering
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- pinch Asafoetida a
- 2 tablespoons Peanuts
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoons Black gram lentil
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoons Bengal gram lentil
- a few Curry leaves
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (adjust to suit your liking)
- 3 - 4 green chillies Slit
- 3 - 4 chillies Dried red
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Lemon juice (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Cook the rice with oil, salt and water till the rice is done and water dries up.
- Spread in a big plate and allow to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- When they start to splutter add the asafoetida followed by the peanuts, black gram lentil and bengal gram lentil.
- Fry for a minute and add the curry leaves, chillies and turmeric powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Switch off heat and add the lemon juice with water and mix well.
- Once cool, add the rice and toss well.
- Adjust the seasoning.