Makhmali Paneer is one dish I tried for the first time and fell in love with. What’s best about this recipe is that it doesn’t call for any fancy ingredients, is supereasy to prepare and tastes yummmmm
This is yet another Tarla Dalal special… 🙂
Source: Tarla Dalal
- 500 gms Paneer Cottage cheese cubes
- 1 Sliced onions
- 1/4 cup Milk (or more)
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Oil
To be ground to a paste
- 2 cups Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Chopped Mint leaves
- 2 - 3 green chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/4 cup Cashewnuts broken
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- to taste Salt
- Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves, chillies, ginger, cashewnuts, curd, salt and lime juice to form a fine paste .
- Mix this mixture with paneer and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and saute till they become translucent.
- Add the marinated paneer and toss carefully till the raw smell goes.
- Add milk and simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Sprinkle the garam masala and mix well.
- Switch off heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve hot with Roti or any Indian bread.