My first cooking experiment of this year was Malvani Mutton Sukka. One of the key ingredients to make this dish is the Malvani Masala. This spice powder can be prepared well in advance and stored in airtight container. The masala can be used to prepare any vegetarian as well as non vegetarian dish.
I got the recipe from Indian Khana.
- 15 chillies Dried Red
- 2 tablespoons Coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- 4 Cinnamon " Stick
- 1 Star anise
- 5 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom Black
- 8 Black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- Dry roast all the spices (except powders) till they turn a shade darker and a beautiful aroma emanates.
- Switch off heat.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Grind the spices, along with turmeric powder, nutmeg powder and asafoetida to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.