Murgh Nizami is a mild, rich, creamy chicken dish from the land of Nizams. This dish goes well with Rotis.
Source: Jiggs Kalra
Murgh Nizami is a mild, rich, creamy chicken dish from the land of Nizams. This dish goes well with Rotis. Murgh Nizami Source: Jiggs Kalra
- 500 gms Chicken
- 2 - 3 tablespoons butter Clarified (Ghee)
- 1 onion (big) Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons Garlic paste
- 6 green chillies Slit
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup Groundnuts
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cashewnuts
- 2/3 cup coconut Grated
- 2/3 cup Curd Beaten
- to taste Salt
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala powder
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves Chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice (Optional)
- Grind the groundnuts, sesame seeds and cashewnuts together to a slightly coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan.
- Add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the ginger- garlic pastes and stir till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the green chillies and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Tip in the powdered groundnuts into it followed by grated coconut and mix well.
- Add the beaten curd and cook till oil separates.
- Add the chicken pieces along with salt and about 1-1/2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat.
- Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked.
- Adjust the seasoning. If using lemon juice, add that now.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Mix well. Serve hot with an Indian bread of your choice.