Cookies are an all time favourite in our household. Every time I get a request from D, I try and make something new. Today, when the request came, I decided to give a shot at Oatmeal Cookies. The recipe of Oatmeal Cookies was taken from Allrecipes. It is an easy to make recipe. Once the cookies were in the oven, all I had to worry about was the result and how well received they would be. Both my boys couldn’t stop at one. Well…Actions speak louder than words, don’t they??? That leaves me with yet another achievement to be proud of and another recipe for keeps!!! Now it is your turn.. 🙂
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 Packed Brown sugar cup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon Ground
- 3 cups Oats Quick cooking
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Sieve flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour..
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. (You can keep them as balls or flatten it).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields about 40 (1-1/2 "diameter cookies).