Osmania Biscuits II
Any foodie who has been to Hyderabad would associate Dum Biryani and Osmania Biscuits. Few days back, a friend had brough some Osmania biscuits from Hyderabad. As I was munching on them, it dawned on me that the one I had made some time back, tasted very different. Just to make sure, I enquired with my friend Ravi, who is my to- go person when it comes to Andhra food. During our discussion, I realised that I was right. According to him, the Osmania Biscuits were soft and crumbly with a touch of sweetness and saltiness. There !! My new challenge !! If not nail the recipe, I had to come close to it.
My first attempt was relatively close but I felt it needed some tweaking. I can’t vouch that this one is a perfect recipe, but it definitely is worth a shot. Why don’t you try it out and let me know ?
Osmania Biscuits II
- 150 gms Flour
- 75 gms Rice flour
- 150 gms Butter
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 70 gms Caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sieve the flour and rice flour together.
- Cream the butter, salt and sugar.
- Tip in the flour mixture and mix well.
- The mixture will turn crumbly.
- Slowly mix them to form a smooth ball of dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface.
- Roll out the dough into 1/2" thickness.
- Cut out cookies, using a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till golden brown on the sides.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)