Two days ago, while doing some last minute shopping, we happened to cross the Chat Gali or the Eat street, where people were enjoying Papdi Chat. Though I was highly tempted to try it out there, I resisted my temptation as my last venture had landed me with a sore throat. I had then sworn not to have chat outside home and have been following it ever since. My first thought after reaching home was, if not at the Chat Gali, why not make it at home !! So I started with the process right away.
For Papdi recipe:
For Green Chutney Recipe:
For Sweet Chutney Recipe:
For Sev Recipe:
- potatoes Boiled
- chick peas Boiled (Optional)
- Onion Chopped
- Green Chutney
- Sweet Chutney
- curd Beaten (whisk with a little salt and cumin powder)
- coriander leaves Chopped
- You can use the papdi either crushed on in whole. Form a layer of papdi on a plate. Add a layer of boiled potatoes and chickepeas (if using).
- Pour some curd over the potatoes. Add the green chutney and sweet chutney according to your taste.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions and sev. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Your Papdi chat is ready. :-).