Here's the recipe of Papdi, deep fried crispy wafers that form the base of Papdi Chaat. You can find the recipes of Sev, Green Chutney and Sweet Chutney by clicking on the highlighted names Papdi
- 1 cup Flour (Maida) (or 1:1 ratio of wheat flour and plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Butter Melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- as required Water
- 1 teaspoon seeds Carom (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients and add enough water.
- Knead into a soft and smooth dough. Roll out into a thin sheet and cut out 1.5" roundels using a round cutter or any round lid.
- Prick each roundel all over with a fork. Heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop a few roundels at a time and fry on medium heat till crisp and golden brown. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Transfer to a container with a tight fitting lid.
- The papdis will stay intact for up to 5 days.