D loves Pizzas. Its been more than a month since I made them. This time I decided to surprise him. I started the preparation of dough in the morning itself, so that it gets enough time to rise. Keeping my fingers crossed, I watched the development of the dough every 30 minutes. I was so relieved to see when it doubled in size. 🙂 I made the pizza sauce in advance so that I didnt have to spend too much time in the kitchen in the evening. D was very thrilled to find that it was Pizza for dinner. Let me confess, J isnt too fond of Pizzas. But he was too engrossed with a project of his that he didnt show any displeasure. Good for me 🙂 No sad faces
I got the recipe of Pizza dough from my favourite ‘allrecipes‘ and have been following this for quite some time. It always comes out good. Vegetarians can follow the same recipe except for the toppings. Let’s get on with the recipe.
Pizza Dough Source: allrecipes
- 500 gms Pepperoni
- Pizza sauce * ( see recipe below)
- as required Mozzarella cheese Grated
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons Active dry yeast
- 1 cup water Lukewarm
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil (I used refined oil)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- In a bowl take yeast and sugar.
- Pour the lukewarm water and let it stand for about 10 minutes or more till it becomes frothy.
- In another bowl, take the flour and mix with salt.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix till well blended.
- Add the oil and mix well till you get a soft ball of dough.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for the dough to rise, until the volume is doubled.
- Once it has doubled, turn the dough onto a well floured surface, pat down and shape into pizza crust.
- Transfer to a Pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce.
- Arrange pepperoni on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and bake on preheated oven at 230C for 10-15 minutes or till the crust is brown and cheese changes colour.