Ever since D has landed, our breakfast is mostly waffles or pan cakes. Though D loves his waffles/ pan cakes with Nutella, J and I prefer something less sweet. As we had used up the Apple sauce, I had to come up with some other option. That’s when I spotted the pomegranates lying around. I had never tried maing pomegranate sauce earlier. So decided to make the sauce with just one pomegranate on a trial basis. My boys absolutely loved the combination of pan cakes with the sauce. D, who usually has Nutella said that this combination tastes better with it’s mildly sweet and tangy taste. That gave me more confidence to use up the remaining pomegranates 🙂
- 3 Pomegranates
- 3-4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Lime juice
- De-seed the pomegranate.
- Transfer the arils to a blender.
- Add sugar and blend well.
- Strain the juice into a pan and discard the seeds.
- Add the lime juice.
- Cook on low heat, continuously stirring, till it reaches a saucy consistency.
- Switch off heat.