Here’s the recipe of Pork Vindaloo, which I got from the site Goan Food Recipes. I have lost count of the number of times I have made this. A must try recipe.. 🙂 You can substitute pork with any meat of your choice.
Source:Goan Food Recipes
- 1 Kg Pork bits
- 2 onions big
- to taste Salt
To be ground to a paste
- 15 chillies (as per your taste) Kashmiri
- 6 cloves Garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder powder
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 6 Peppercorns
- 6 Cloves
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Vinegar
- Clean the pork bits and rub them with salt and keep aside.
- Soak the red chillies in vinegar and keep aside for a while.
- Grind this along with rest of the ingredients to be ground.
- Rub into the pork and let marinate for a few hours.
- You can refrigerate overnight as well for better taste.
- Grind the onions to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat the pork in it for a few minutes.
- No need to add oil as the pork fat will get released on its own.
- Add the ground onion paste and saute for a minute or two.
- Add a cup of water.
- You can add a few peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon also for the extra zing.
- Cover and cook on low heat till the pork is done.
- Serve with rice or any bread:-).