Here’s the recipe of Prawn Masala. A great side to go with Rice or Roti
Here's the recipe of Prawn Masala. A great side to go with Rice or Roti
- 300 gms Prawns
- 3 onion Chopped
- 2 tomatoes Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 2 cardamoms Green
- 2 cardamoms Black
- 3 - 4 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon " - stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- Marinate the prawns with 1 teaspoon chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder and salt and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and gently shallow fry the prawns for 2 minutes.
- Drain the prawns onto an absorbent paper and reserve the oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil in a pan.
- Add the bay leaf, green and black cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon.
- When they begin to splutter, add the chopped onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the ginger- garlic pastes and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add the remaining chilli powder and turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add the drained prawns and mix well.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to suit your taste.
- Cook for a few minutes and switch off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with Rice or Roti.