Product Review of Tecnora Avatar 550 FP
On receiving the product, Mr Rajesh from Tecnora called up to give a run through on operating the product. Glad that he did.
Having operated ‘n’ number of mixer-grinders in these years, one would take it for granted and not bother to read the instruction manual. It’s only when he started guiding me through the process, that I realised that this works differently. Interesting !!
The Tecnora Avatar 550FP comes with a Multipurpose jar and a small quantity jar. Both jars have built in stirrer on its dome to enable easy scraping. No more opening of lid to stir the contents !
Another aspect to take care of is to ensure that the jar lid aligns with the handle.
Only once you lock the jar, will it start functioning. This is done to avoid any accidental spilling. The moment you take off the lid, the machine stops. Isn’t that wonderful ??
Now was the time to test the product. Here’s what I did.
1. Grated chunks of cabbage
2. Ground dried chillies to superfine powder
3. Ground Coconut mixture to make cabbage thoran;
and a Spicy Watermelon Cooler.
Overall I would say it’s a wonderful product in terms of functionality. The key features being (i) The built- in stirrer enables us to give the contents a stir without opening the lid.
(ii) The safety interlocking system which stops the machine when the lid is removed.
The base unit is compact. So it doesn’t take up too much space on the kitchen counter. Personally I’m not a big fan of appliances that are white in colour. However it’s definitely a product worth investing in. Here’s where you can buy them from.
Spicy Watermelon Cooler
- 2 cups Watermelon Chilled Chunks
- as required Sugar
- a pinch Salt
- 1/2 - 1 Green chilli
- a few Mint leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon Basil seeds/Sabja seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon Lime juice
- Soak the basil seeds in a bit of water. Keep aside.
- Put the watermelon, sugar, chilli, mint, salt and lime juice into the blender.
- Blitz for a few seconds.
- Strain the liquid to a vessel.
- Pour the soaked basil seeds into a glass.
- Pour the watermelon cooler into the glass.
- Garnish and serve chilled.