Last Sunday, I was pepped up and all set to turn my kitchen into a lab. The ‘Mirchi ka Kutta’ pickle, which I made the other day, has probably let in the Rajasthani bug into me and so I decided to prepare a Rajasthani fare for lunch. After considering the availability of ingredients, I decided to prepare Subz Jaipuri and Panchmel Dal. I am now posting the recipe of Sabz Jaipuri, the recipe of Panchmel Dal will follow soon.
I got the recipe of Sabz Jaipuri from Mharo Rajasthan Recipes. I would definitely recommend this recipe to all those who are looking for a different vegetable dish. Pretty simple to make and tasty too!!!
Source:Mharo Rajasthan Recipes
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 3 - 4 Clove
- 1 inch Cinnamon - stick
- to taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ghee Oil /
- Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
To be ground to a paste
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 10 - 12 Cashew nuts
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- Dry roast the cumin seeds and coriander seeds.
- Grind to a fine paste along with cashew nuts, onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the cloves and cinnamon.
- When they swell up, add the chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Stir for a minute and add the ground onion paste.Saute till the oil separates.
- Add the chopped vegetables along with salt and a cup of water.Mix well.
- Cover and cook till the vegetables are cooked through.Add more water if required.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, chapathi, poori or rice.