Sausage Stir Fry
I still remember the day, while at college, when one of our friends brought sausages in her tiffin box for lunch. Being a hosteler, getting to taste sausages was a rare occasion, one would not like to miss. So the moment we got wind of the sausages, we dug in shamelessly without even bothering whether our friend was left with any. The tiffin box was empty in a matter of seconds. Well those were the days….. 🙂
I remember that day not for the fun we had, but for the amazing taste of that sausage preparation. Even now my mouth waters on the nostalgic reminiscence of that day. With that taste still fresh in my mind, I did a lot of research and after several iterations homed on to this recipe. I can delightfully say that this one tastes very similar to the one we had that day. The boys really freak out on this one and its their favourite too. 🙂
Sausage Stir Fry
- 400 gms Sausage
- 3 Onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder (or more to spice it up)
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tomato sauce
- to taste Salt
- Shallow fry the sausages till light brown.
- Drain on absorbant paper and let it cool. When cool slice them (slice thinly, if preparing a side dish or bite-sized pieces if making a starter).
- In a pan, heat oil and saute the onions till golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and stir for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, the sliced sausage pieces and mix well.
- Adjust salt.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes on low heat while stirring in between.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot.It tastes better when warm/hot.