Sesame chicken is a delicious dish, that can be served as a starter or snack. It is so flavourful that no one can stop with just one piece.
Of late, Sesame Chicken happens to be one of the most requested dish by D. Every now and then he asks me to make it. At times, I give in and some time I don’t. The first time I prepared the dish following the recipe by Kitchen Sanctuary. Slowly, I started to tweak the recipe here and there to suit our liking. I’m sharing my version of Sesame Chicken.
- 500 gms Boneless Chicken Cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- 2 Eggs
- 10 tablespoons Flour / Maida
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajinomoto/MSG (optional)
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Honey (adjust to suit your liking)
- For deep frying Oil
- as required White Sesame seeds
- Take the chicken in a bowl. Add cornflour and mix well. Keep aside.
- Beat the eggs and keep aside.
- In a bowl, take flour, salt, pepper powder, chilli powder and ajinomoto (if using). Mix well and keep aside.
- Take the cornflour-coated chicken pieces and dip into the egg. Transfer to the flour mixture and make sure each piece is well coated.
- Repeat the process till all pieces are coated well.
- Heat a pan on medium.
- Pour oil for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot, carefully drop the chicken pieces into it. Do not crowd the pan.
- Fry the pieces till crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat till all the pieces are fried.
- Heat a pan on medium
- Add sesame oil.
- Add garlic paste and cook till raw smell goes.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and honey.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Ensure each piece is well coated.
- Cook till all the sauce is absorbed. Switch off heat.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and mix well.
- Serve hot.