Smoky Seekh Kabab Pizza
This time around, D’s request for dinner was Pizza and that too Non-Vegetarian. The request came almost at the last moment without leaving any scope for running to the market. You know Kids!!! they drop the bomb at the last moment. Anyway, I couldn’t say no to my little one and so I decided to go it my way with whatever was there in the refrigerator
Luckily, there were packs of ready made seekh kabab and sweet corn.I marinated the seekh kababs, onion and sweet corn in a homemade tandoori masala and just followed my heart to a logical conclusion. I took the shortcut and used tomato ketchup in place of pizza sauce and processed cheese instead of Mozzarella. Well… I needn’t explain what the result was. The recipe finding its place in this blog itself says it all….. Right???
Smoky Seekh Kabab Pizza
- 1/2 Onion , diced
- 1/4 cup Sweet corn
- 2 teaspoons Ginger garlic paste paste
- 2 tablespoons Curd
- to taste Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- pinch Red food colour - a
- as required Mozzarella cheese (I used processed cheese) Grated
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 pizza base (check Notes at end)
- Prepare the pizza base. You can find the recipe here.
- Slice the kababs into small pieces. In a bowl, mix the curd along with the ginger-garlic paste, salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, lime juice and colour. Add the sliced seekh kabab pieces, diced onion and sweet corn. Mix well and keep aside covered for few minutes. The more, the better. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and tip in the marinated ingredients. Cook on low heat till all the liquid dries off and the pieces are lightly brown.
- For a smoky flavour, heat a piece of charcoal on flame. When it turns red transfer to a heat prrof bowl and place the bowl in the centre of the topping mixture. Pour a teaspoon of Ghee/oil/butter and immediately cover the utensil with a lid. Leave for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Take the pizza base and spread the ketchup evenly on top of it. Spread the grated cheese and then add the toppings evenly on top. If needed, you can sprinkle a bit more cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 10- 15 minutes or till the cheese melts. Slice and eat while hot .