Here is the recipe of Squid masala, a spicy dish that goes well with rice.
Here is the recipe of Squid masala, a spicy dish that goes well with rice. Squid Masala
- 500 gms Squid cleaned and cut into small pieces
- 3 sprigs Curry leaves
- 2 onion Chopped
- 2 tomatoes Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Ginger garlic - paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- a pinch Clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- to taste Salt
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves followed by chopped onion.
- Saute till they turn almost brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add all the spice powders and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add the squid and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Add salt.
- No need to add water as the squid will release its juices when it starts to cook.
- Remove the lid and cook till the water content evaporates completely and the squid is done.
- Switch off heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with rice.