Shrikand is a popular Gujarati Dessert made of yoghurt. The most common flavour one can find, is made with saffron and cardamom. Gujaratis have Shrikhand with pooris as well.
I had some strawberries which needed to to used up asap. The first thing that crossed my mind was Shrikhand. Decided to give a natural strawberry flavour to the Shrikhand. It tasted fresh and nice. Would I make it again? Of Course !!!!
- 2 cups Curd Fresh
- 4 - 5 Strawberries chopped
- as required Sugar Powdered
- Take a muslin cloth and pour the curd into it.
- Hang it overnight to drain.
- Puree the strawberries to a smooth fine consistency.
- Take the hung curd in a bowl.
- Add the strawberry puree and sugar and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Serve chilled.