Quite a few of my readers have been enquiring why I was missing from action. Some were concerned about my health as well. A heartfelt thanks to all those caring souls. I am touched indeed. Well, this year has been busy so far. Had guests coming over and rest of the times, I was busy searching with one thing or the other. After a long break, here I am with something sweet, dedicate to all you readers. 🙂
My neighbour gave me some strawberries today morning. I couldn’t wait to put it into good use. Had been thinking of making strawberry souffle for some time now. Why wait, right ?
I got the recipe from Gondo’s kitchen. But decided to tweak it a bit as I wanted to use strawberry puree instead of jam. Souffles are always made just before serving. You can make the mixture ahead and place them in a refrigerator, covered with clingwrap. This recipe yielded 2 servings.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoons Butter Melted
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 cup Milk Cold
- 1/4 cup Sugar (+ 1 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup Strawberry puree
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- / butter sugar greasing Melted and for ramekinsmoulds
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Keep aside.
- Powdr the sugar and keep aside.
- Grease the ramekins with melted butter and sprinkle the sugar till well coated. Place them in a refigerator.
- Take melted butter in a pan and place over medium low heat. Add the flour and mix well. Cook till it bubbles up.
- Add the milk and combine well without forming lumps. Cook till it forms a soft dough like consistency. Take off heat and transfer to another bowl. Allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Once the mixture is cooled completely, add the yolks, essence and strawberry puree and mix well.
- Take the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl. Whip till you get soft peaks. Carefully add the sugar and whisk till it forms stiff peaks. Do NOT overbeat.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the beaten egg whites and add to the puree mixture.Mix well.
- Add the remaining egg white mixture into the puree mixture and fold carefully, till well blended. Make sure NOT to over mix.
- Carefully pour into the prepared ramekins. Leave at least 2 cms space from the rim. Tap the bottom of the ramekins on your work surface to remove any bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes or till cooked through.