Tandoori Chicken needs no introduction. Here’s my way of making Tandoori Chicken. I used only chicken thighs for this dish. If you wish, you could use a whole chicken. As mentioned, the use of artificial colour is optional. I chose not to add colour.
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 3/4 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 3/4 tablespoon Garlic cloves paste
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice of
- to taste Salt
- Score the chicken thigh on both sides.
- Apply the ingredients for marination so that each piece is well coated.
- Refrigerate preferably for 8 hours.
- Heat a grill pan.
- Apply a light coat of oil.
- Place the chicken thighs and cook on high heat.
- When the bottom portion turns slightly brown, flip the pieces.
- When they start to brown, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook till it turns a shade darker.
- Flip and continue till the chicken is done.
- You can check the doneness by inserting a knife to the thickest part of the chicken.
- If the juices run clear, the chicken is done.