Thai Fried Rice
D is a bit hesitant when it comes to eating Rice. Being a Mom, one needs to think of tricks to get your child to eat, right? Though there are options like Tomato Rice, Coconut rice etc, he’s not particularly fond of them. Next option??? Go International 😛
Yesterday was one such day, where I had to find a way to present the leftover Rice in a new way. As I was preparing Thai Style Stuffed Squid, I decided to prepare Thai Fried Rice. I love this recipe because it’s very easy to prepare.
In this recipe, I have used squid, but one could use vegetables or any meat of your choice. This is a recipe I had written down in my diary long back and hence not able to recollect the source.
Thai Fried Rice
- 4 cups Rice Cooked
- 3/4 cup Chicken Seafood / Vegetables/
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock / Vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic cloves paste
- 1 Green chilli Finely chopped
- 3 Spring onion Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves Finely chopped
- 1 Egg (Optional)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Fish sauce
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and chilli and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken/vegetables/seafood and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the stock and cook till the chicken/vegetables are cooked through.
- Crack the egg into the mixture and stir well. (Optional)
- When the egg is cooked, add the rice along with the remaining stock and fish sauce.
- Stir till you get a crackling sound.
- Switch off heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, mint leaves and spring onion.
- Serve hot.