Tomato Rice is a nice way to put some thing on the table when I feel plain lazy, especially on aSundaymorning. It is anextremely easy to make dish and can see me through the day. You can eat it plain, but a spoon of prawn pickle would get its taste over the roof. 🙂
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 - 1/2 cups Water
- 3 tomatoes Ripe finely chopped
- 2 Onions Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Caraway seeds
- 3 cardamom Green
- 4 - 5 Cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3 green chillies Slit
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Methi Kasoori
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- to taste Salt
- 2 tablespoons Ghee Oil /
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan.
- Add the caraway seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon.
- When they start to splutter, add chopped onion and saute till they are wilted.
- Add the ginger-garlic pastes and green chillies.
- Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, kasoori methi and saute till oil separates.
- Add salt and rice and mix well.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook till the rice is done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.