The other day D mentioned that he’s bored of Chocolate cakes and would like to get something new. It was just what I wanted to hear.. 🙂 I made up my mind to make the Simple Vanilla Cupcakes. I was not too confident that he will like it. Well .. there was a solution to woo him. Presentation…This was my chance to try Rainbow effect on Buttercream Frosting which I had been dying to do. I followed Joy of Baking recipe and decided to give a twist to the icing presentation.
To tell you the truth, I wasn’t expecting J to be excited about it. But was thrilled to see both my boys not only admiring the icing but also gobbling up the cup cakes. I put a piece of chocolate inside the batter and this is what it looked like 🙂
Source: Joy Of Baking
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- lemon Zest of (extracted from 1)
- 1 - 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 180C and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Sift the flour along with baking powder and salt.
- Mix the lemon zest and keep aside. In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 12-15 minutes or just until set and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once they are completely cooled, frost with.