Vendakka Thoran (Stir fried Lady’s finger with grated Coconut)
Vendakka Thoran (Stir fried Lady's finger with grated Coconut)
- 2 - 3 green chillies slit
- a few Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 250 Gms Lady's finger
To be Ground Coarsely
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut (or less)
- 1 Shallot
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- Slice the lady's finger vertically into 4.
- The length of each piece shouldn't be more than 2 ".
- Grind the coconut, shallot, garlic and cumin seeds coarsely. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the curry leaves and green chilli followed by turmeric powder. Stir for a few seconds.
- Tip in the sliced lady's finger and saute on high heat for a minute.
- Lower the heat.
- Cover and cook till the lady's finger is cooked.
- Add the ground mixture and salt and mix well.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Switch off heat and serve hot.