Italian Hot Chocolate - Cioccolata Calda
Last Sunday, as soon as Dwoke up he said " Mama, can you please make Italian Hot chocolate for breakfast today??". Oh yes, he was specific about the name. As he had bookmarked the recipe, I didn't have to search for it. He volunteered to help me out as well. Now how could I possibly say No to my lit
- 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup milk Whole
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (I used amul fresh cream)
- 1 - 1/2 teaspoons Cornflour
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 113 gms dark chocolate Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence (Optional)
- cream Whipped (optional for garnish)
Whisk together the 1/4 milk and the cornstarch until it is smooth and keep aside.
Combine the 3/4 cup milk, cream and sugar in a saucepan and heat until it starts to bubble around the edges.
Add the milk and cornstarch mixture to it and whisk until it's heated through.
Add the chocolate (and vanilla if using) and whisk together until it's smooth, hot and thick enough to coat a spoon.
Pour into mugs and serve with whipped cream if desired.