Moist Carrot Cake
A moist and tasty Carrot Cake, packed with flavours.
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon Ground
- 1/2 teaspoons Nutmeg powder
- 1 - 1/4 cup s Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence
- 3 cups Grated Carrots
- 1 cup Walnuts Cashewnuts (Optional)
- 1 cup Raisins (Optional) - (I did'nt use them)
Preheat oven to 180C.
Sieve the flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder. Keep aside.
Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add oil, sugars and vanilla essence and mix well.
Gradually add the flour mixture into it. Add the grated carrots, nuts and raisins if using. Mix well.
Pour the batter into prepared cake tins and bake in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.