Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Today D has been out the whole day playing with his friends. When he comes back in the evening he will be famished and would be asking for something to fill his tummy. What better option than a bowl of steaming hot Sweet Corn Chicken Soup. It being nutritious as well as filling, I couldn't think of
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 100 gms Chicken breast Boneless , skinless
- 1 clove Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 cm Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 600 ml chicken stock Hot
- 100 gms Sweetcorn
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Fresh - (I used much less)
- Spring onions Shredded to garnish
Heat the oil in a deep pan and gently cook the chicken, garlic and ginger for 3-4 minutes without colouring.
Blend the cornflour with a little stock and add to the soup pan with the remaining stock and the sweetcorn. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously and simmer gently for 5-7 minutes.
Beat together the egg and lemon juice and slowly trickle into the soup pan, stirring with a chopstick or fork. Season to taste, garnish with spring onions.